EXTRACTS FROM THE DEED OF GIFT 1931
Conveyance of a piece of land at Ham,Wilts upon trust for the erection and use of a Village Hall for the use and benefit of the Parishioners.
Ham Village Hall
A piece of land was conveyed on 7th August 1931 from S R Brown Esq of Ham Manor to the National Council of Social Service (Incorporated) upon trust for the “erection and use of a Village Hall for the use and benefit of the Parishioners.”
The Hall was built in 1937 and over the years improvements have been made.
In 1971 a registered charity was established by the Charities Commission to be responsible for the custodianship of the Hall and in 1976 a Management Committee was set up to act as trustees for the charity.
For many years the Hall was used by a play group as well as for many Village activities. In the summer of 1980 the Hall was even used by the BBC for filming night scenes for the programme ‘Mackenzie’!
Today it is used for various village functions, birthday parties, talks and is available to hire at very modest rates.
VILLAGE HALL COMMITTEE
“The Village Hall is both an amenity and an aesthetic asset to the village in being of the simple vernacular suited to the village and the woodland setting.”
Ham Conservation Area author